Passion can lead you to a great career and personal life and make you happier day-to-day.Following your passion in life can lead to a great career, fulfilling personal life and will make you happier in your day-to-day life. Some people mistake the pursuit of money as a passion, but money by itself isn’t a passion. Money won’t lead to a happy life and a successful career. You can spend your entire life chasing money, but without passion, it may never come. Following your passion first will almost always lead to the money you need as well as the life you deserve. Decide if you have the strength and fortitude to follow your passion as many greats have.
What Is Passion?Before delving too deep into the topic, we should discuss what passion actually is. Of course, you know the word, but do you understand what it is and why it’s good? Having a passion, especially a passion in your career, doesn’t necessarily mean it makes you happy. Passion is finding what you’re doing meaningful, and it elevates us beyond the norm. Passion can undoubtedly lead to happiness, but they are not intertwined with each other. You need to use your passion to help with your happiness, career, and personal life.
Should You Consider Work / Life Balance With Passion?Passion is a fantastic thing, but it can also be all-consuming. Pursuing your passion can bring about significant change and happiness in you. However, it can also make you single-minded. Therefore, you do need to consider balance when dealing with a real passion. Be mindful to be passionate about many things, and share your passions with your family and friends.
Benefits Of Following Your PassionI’ve listed some key points below if you need further convincing on why passion can lead you to a great career and extraordinary life.
1. You’ll Be Motivated To WorkBeing passionate about your career means you will love the work you’re doing. As a result, you’ll spend less time browsing Facebook and more time putting in the work needed to build your career. With your passion, you have the drive to push forward with everything you’ve got and come away being happy with the result. Suppose you’re pushing harder at your goals and career and life in general. In that case, success, money, and a happy family will come along with it.
Example Of Motivation WorkingYour bosses take notice that you’ve been finishing your work quickly and helping others, so they decide to offer you a new prestigious project to work on. Naturally, your passion drives you to succeed in the project. As a result, more opportunities open up, and your career starts to progress quickly.
2. Your Creativity will GrowWorking with passion means that even the boring or bad parts of what you need to do can be overcome. So instead of feeling overwhelmed with the drudgery of doing things you never want to do, your passion will push you past and get you through any of the bad spots. In doing this, you find creative and new ways of working so that drudgery is gone or overcome. Your creativity will continue to grow due to your passion for what you’re doing, which will improve everything around you, including your career.
Example of CreativityAn example of this could be if you’re a real estate agent with a passion for photography. The tedious part of your job is listing homes. Still, on the passionate side, you get to take beautiful photos of the houses to display to potential buyers. I see two amazing things happening here, the first being the passion you put into the setup, and photos will show through to prospective buyers, and you’ll likely get more viewings of your homes. The second could be an opportunity. Maybe you can help others in your company take photos, raising your profile in the company with your bosses.
3. You’ll Love WorkWaking up with passion means you’re jumping out of bed and ready to start your day. You’ll be enthused to get to work and start improving on what you did yesterday. Those around you will see your passion and everything you are doing. Your customers will know you’re putting this effort into everything you do. Your bosses or colleagues will see it as well, and they may even get caught up in the passion as well. No matter what, being passionate and enthusiastic about working makes you work better and harder, and people will notice.
4. There’s No Stress When You Work with PassionAs a passionate person, you may have stress, and that’s ok, but it’s short-lived and likely has a reason. Dispassionate people will wake up stressed, are stressed during their day, and stay stressed when they go home. This doesn’t lead to a happy home life or personal life, and it certainly doesn’t make you want to work harder in your career. Without stress or worry constantly in your life, you can explore personal passions with your family and friends.
5. It’ll Feel Like You Work LessWorking with passion tricks your brain into thinking you’re not really working. So, you’ll work harder and more efficiently, which means that what may take somebody else 8 hours to do, you and your passion are loving it and get it done in 4. Meaning you have time to do other things, or even work less time and spend more time with your family.
6. You’ll Take On Extra TasksAt certain times we’re all asked or need to do extra work. Whether things are busy or somebody has left, it doesn’t matter. There is more work to do, and somebody has to do it. If you’re passionate about the job, then you’ll have no problem taking on the tasks and doing them well. When you take on extra work and do it with a passion, your customers or bosses will undoubtedly notice. This type of exposure is an excellent career move.
7. Nothing Can Stop YouWhatever your goals are, if you’re doing them with passion, nothing can stop you. You’ll be pushing to reach your goals with everything you have, whether professionally or in your personal life. Your passion makes you want to keep going and gives you the power to do so. Without passion, if you hit obstacles, they may stop you. You could give up or just not work hard enough to reach the goals you set for yourself because you don’t really want them.
8. Life Will Feel More FulfillingAchieving success while following your passion is the ultimate goal and what you’re striving towards. While following your passion in life, it will allow you to find happiness and success in both your personal and professional life.
9. Passion Breeds Passion Around YouIt’s often said that a single toxic person in an environment makes the entire environment toxic. What this means is that if you have people without passion, angry, unhappy at your work or even at your home, it can turn everybody there toxic as well. However, the same is true with passionate people. If you show your passion in the work environment, you will start to bring that same passion or at least motivation out in others. So, you’re creating a better environment for them, but also for yourself to work in. This has two benefits, the first being that you now have an even better environment to work in, which helps you improve even more. The second benefit is that people will notice that you are at the center of excellence, leading to opportunities and promotions for you.
10. The Money will ComeWorking with passion leads to opportunities and growth in all areas of your life. While your passion shouldn’t be a path towards money or your goal, it will undoubtedly lead you there. As a passionate person, you’re going to do a better job and be noticed by your customers, your bosses, and everybody around will see a difference between you and somebody just grinding through their day. This will start leading towards the opportunities that will increase your wealth and open up new career prospects for you. So, if you’re working passionately, you will not need to worry about money, because it will find you.
My Final Thoughts on Living With PassionWhen you follow your passion, it allows you to work harder, faster, and more efficiently. This type of passion flows through to every aspect of your life, including your personal life and family’s lives. Working with passion doesn’t mean you only work; it means you find fulfillment in your work, which lets you balance all aspects of your life. This is why not only your career will be successful, but your personal life will be more fulfilling and happier to be a part of. Consider anything in your life that you’ve felt passionate about and how good it felt to achieve that. Then consider parts of your life lived without passion; do you even remember them? Living without passion is just going with the flow and having no direction.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *